Sparrow is a minimalist mail application for Mac. It was designed to keep things simple and efficient. No fancy stuff here… just your mail and nothing else. It’s one of the best mail app on the Mac and now acquired by Google
Sparrow supports IMAP and POP:
You can use the following mail providers with Sparrow:
– Gmail (classic and Google apps)
– Any custom IMAP server
– Hotmail, MSN, Live …
- Quickly flick through threaded conversations on your Mac like never before.
- Responding to your mail as never been so simple. Click, write, and send in the same window.
- Facebook Integration: See the profile picture of your friends and even ‘Add friends’ directly from Sparrow.
- Unified Inbox: All your mail in one place.
- Labels and Folders: Create and edit labels and folders right from Sparrow. Easily keep a clean and tidy inbox.
- Formatting Bar: Change fonts, add bulleted or numbered list. Sparrow makes it easy to customize your mail.
- Quick Look: Simply press space to preview all your attachments.
- Inline Attachments: Drag & drop images and documents straight into your mail.
- Cloud Attachment: With Dropbox & CloudApp, sending a mail with attachment has never been simpler. Drag, Drop and sync.
- Notifications: Stay up to date with your mail stream on selected accounts.
- Alias: Sending mails from different addresses has never been this easy.
- Priority Inbox: If you use Gmail, Sparrow supports Priority Inbox.
- Minimal Mode: Hide message previews and the sidebar. See more mail at a glance.
- Extended Sidebar: View all your folders, labels, and mail accounts straight in the main view.